Sunday, April 12, 2009

friends

I just want to say how grateful I am for my family. As I am sitting here my 16 y/o just sprayed my mommy with the sink hose. Then my mommy came in and dumped a huge pan of water on my sister and 16 y/o then my mommy soaked 16 y/o with the sink hose. She is now in her older cousins room changing. I feel utterly blessed that I have such a great and close nit family.

Here is where I am going to talk about my friends. Now I feel like I can be hard to get along with, not that I am not nice, but I have a tendency of saying things that can be taken two ways and one is good and that is the way I generally mean it. Now I have lots of people that I have conversations with, but few that I consider friends. There are even fewer that I consider so close that to me they are family. How often do u have friends that you share family gatherings and your family even extended members get confused that they aren't really family. With that being said when a friend is as close as family and they choose to be there where as family is by luck. I always say that I have no luck, but I now realize that I used up all my luck when I was born into my family. I also realize that through the years I have also used a ton of luck through my invincible teenage years. Now even though I am running low on luck, I sure have been lucky to have friends that I have now, and the women in the GNI sisterhood. I also feel very fortunate that two of those girls and their families are my family and it is by choice and not the luck of the draw. Don't worry I know it really has nothing to do with luck but by God's grace and wisdom. Thank you friends and family for what you do and don't do for me, I really do appreciate it all!!!

1 comment:

  1. Whew! And to think, I thought it was too early in the morning for tears! I guess I was wrong!

    ReplyDelete